Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
A moist cake to die for, this delicacy is a mix of banana bread & coffee cake that you won’t be able to stop eating. Try out this delight!
This great recipe allows you to make subtle changes and still come up with a fantastic result. I followed
One time I didn’t have enough to fill a cup of ripe mashed bananas, so I mixed in 1/2 cup applesauce to it. I also used 1/4 cup brown sugar along with the superfine white sugar.
One other time, without any nuts, I added about 1/4 cup of chopped dates instead, and it came out great!
Moistened and delicious, this Brazilian coffee cake recipe is much better than a dry banana bread.
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp chopped Brazil Nuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Beat superfine sugar and butter in a bowl until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
- Mix baking soda into sour cream in another bowl and stir into butter mixture until combined.
- Stir bananas into butter mixture.
- Add cake flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla and coffee extracts.
- Pour banana cake batter into prepared baking dish.
- Mix nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toothpick test is O.K. (about 45 minutes)
Something to keep repeating and experimenting with your favorite Brazilian coffee.