Brazilian Coffee and Chocolate Cake Recipe
A surprisingly wonderful, light and not overly sweet cake with a perfect frosting. This delight always feeds my monster cravings for sweets.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coffee, brewed with a tiny pinch of cinammon and cloves, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, milk, coffee, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick test is O.K.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- Add enough milk until frosting reaches the desired firm consistency.
- Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of the cake.
A fantastic, very moist and easy-to-make cake. This recipe is just the best!
I made this delicious sweet bomb so many times since all my friends always request it for parties and encounters. Everybody praises about it.
My whole family loves it even those that don’t like cake! It’s a big hit!