Brazilian Coffee Eggnog Creamer recipe: Simplicity is usually a key to excellence. This idea is a combination of two favorites with a twist.
Some people think that they need complex recipes to achieve great gastronomic results. Well, in my experience, greatness usually comes from simple ideas, like the one below.
Brazilian Coffee Eggnog Creamer
This recipe is merely the mixture of two all-around favorites, coffee, and eggnog, with a twist of two of the Brazilian cuisine most used spices, cinnamon, and cloves.
In Brazil, sometimes, since Christmas is during Summer, people drink exquisite beverage cold, or even iced. If you are preparing it during a hot period, I suggest this option as a great alternative.
Let`s try that out and see what we can do with it, shall we?
- 4 cups milk
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups light rum
- 4 cups light cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/3 cups eggnog
- 2-2/3 cups hot strong brewed coffee (French or other dark roast)
- Whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- A piece of orange peel.
- Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes.
- Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Whisk together until fluffy.
- Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- Pour mixture into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick.
- Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
- Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Place eggnog in a large saucepan.
- Cook and stir until heated through. (Do not boil.)
- Use it as a Creamer into you coffee (see link below for a Brazilian coffee recipe)
- Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- Add a twist of orange, a wink and a smile.
Alternatively you can stir the eggnog and hot coffee and pour into mugs. (The choice is yours, but, please, try it both ways!)
You can always buy prepared eggnog and coffee to enjoy a fast and fairly enjoyable version of the above. But, let`s admit it, who wants fairly enjoyable if you can have something much better? Besides, where`s the fun in that?
He is our traditional Brazilian Coffee Recipe link.
Please leave a comment about this Brazilian Coffee Eggnog Creamer recipe.