This Brazilian Coffee New York Steak recipe is superb, especially with that fantastic seasoning. The rub makes the great meal. Check it out!
The first time we made this recipe on a soccer-finals-Sunday, everyone praised it. It’s one of the best steaks I’ve ever had. Planning something else is hard.
This rub is so very excellent! After serving them, people always ask me what the secret ingredient is. I tell them to drink their coffee and think about it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound double New York strip steak
- 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon apricot salt (or any choice)
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon regular salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Brazilian coffee grounds
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix together all the rub ingredients
- Oil up the steak with olive oil
- Sprinkle the rub onto the meat.
- Let that marinate for 2 to 5 hours.
- Heat the grill.
- When very hot, SEAR the steak for 2 minutes on each side over the hottest side.
- Move the steak to a cooler part of the grill to cook with the lid on for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Spices may all be "to taste" if you wish.
The strip-steak, can also be called
- New York steak
- Kansas City strip steak
- Sirloin steak
This is a beef steak cut from the short loin that consists of a low working muscle. The low activity keeps the meat very tender. Nearly as tender as the rib eye or tenderloin.