Brazilian coffee risotto recipe, a dessert that will blow your mind up and away. Try this spicy cross of a salty dish with a sweet delicacy!
Risottos don’t always need to be heavily tasty. This recipe is inspired by Jackie Cameron’s Spicy Coffee Risotto.
It is a rice pudding type of dessert that will go great with fresh fruit, especially tropical stuff.
Arroz Doce (sweet rice) is a very popular and common dessert is Brazil.
I took the recipe from Ms. Cameron and adapted it to a new version of Arroz Doce with that “al dente” feeling of the Italian dish.
- Around 1.5 cups Brazilian Coffee with Whole Milk, as needed, or to taste.
- Around 3/4 cup Coconut Milk, as needed, or to taste.
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp 5 Spice
- 1 pinch Ground, or Whole Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Orange Extract, optional
- 30gr Salted Butter
- 100gr Risotto/Arborio Rice
- 1.5 oz. coffee liqueur
- In a saucepan, bring the coffee and milk, plus the coconut milk with all the spices and extracts to a boil;
- Turn down the heat to a low simmer.
- In another saucepan melt the butter.
- Add the rice and sautée for a minute or such.
- Add the coffee liqueur.
- Cup by cup add the still hot liquid mixture to the risotto rice, until cooked - al dente.
- Serve with fresh and/or dry tropical coconut, fruits and nuts, and whipped cream.
Please, leave a comment about this dessert, Brazilian Coffee Risotto Recipe.