Brazilian Coffee Tiramisu Dessert recipe, A Brazilian version of the delicious Italian Tiramisu. With typical spices from that country, we get an extra hint of flavors. Check it out!
The first time I ever heard of Tiramisu was in the movie “Sleepless in Seattle”. A fantastic dialogue created by director and screenwriter, Nora Ephron. Rob Reiner’s character is trying to bring Tom Hanks’ back to the new dating scene:
“Reiner: And, of course, there is now tiramisu!
Hanks: What is tiramisu?
Reiner: You’ll find out.
Hanks: Well, what is it?
Reiner: You’ll see!
Hanks: You better tell me. Some woman is gonna want me to do it to her and I’m not gonna know what it is.
Reiner: You’ll love it.”
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package frozen prepared pound cake, thawed and cut into 9 slices
- 3/4 cup strong Brazilian coffee, brewed with a pinch of cloves and cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered English toffee, chopped
- Arrange cake slices on bottom of a rectangular 11x7 inch baking dish, cutting cake slices if necessary to fit the bottom.
- Drizzle coffee all over the cake.
- Beat sugar, chocolate syrup, and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Add whipping cream
- Beat with care until light and fluffy.
- Spread evenly over cake.
- Sprinkle with chocolate-covered toffee candy.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Sprinkle with toffee candy.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, but no longer than 24 hours to set dessert and blend flavors.
Obs: The amounts of cloves and cinnamon are totally subject to your taste, but try to use them. They are typical Brazilian dessert spices.
When I first tried this delicacy, it became unforgettable and impossible to avoid in any situation. Some years later, I came about this recipe, presented to me by some Italian relatives of my daughter’s husband’s. The adaptation into a Brazilian version did not take long to come up with.
Click the button below to read more desserts recipes made with coffee.COFFEE DESSERTS
Please, leave a comment about this Brazilian Coffee Tiramisu Dessert Recipe.