This an iced Brazilian coffee recipe that I found in my grandmother’s kitchen alchemy book. It is a variation with a special touch from my country. Try it out!
A long time ago, there used to be a tea house in Rua Augusta, São Paulo Brazil that my family loved. They had this “coffee smoothie, called “Frapê de Café”. My mother usually ordered it with hot grilled ham and cheese croissant sandwiches…
After a while, the habit of going to tea houses became old-fashioned and, unfortunately, we lost some of that Victorian glamor and charm. Luckily recipes remained to help us redeem them.
This Iced Brazilian Coffee Recipe is also great with:
- Grilled Ham and cheese sandwiches
- Spicy burgers sandwich recipes
- sausage-breads or muffins
- cheese stuffed Brazilian Cheese Bread
- sandwiches made with Brazilian Corn Bread
- grilled bread and butter
- hot-spiced toast with butter or olive oil
- homemade bread pizzas
- and the above-mentioned cheese croissant sandwich
Experiment with various commercial or gourmet Brazilian coffee brands for this recipe.
Please, leave a comment about this Iced Brazilian Coffee Recipe.