Coffee and Chocolate Cake Recipe: A delightful American and Arabic combination of two of the most exquisite pastry-delicacies in the world.
I find that this is one of the easiest cakes I have ever made.
A friend passed it to my ex-wife when we lived in San Francisco in the 80’s.
I love the mocha-like blend of chocolate and coffee flavors.
The dripping coffee liqueur and vodka and coating give this cake a special highlight of taste and texture.
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coffee flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil, 3/4 cup water, eggs, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur and 1/4 cup Vodka.
- Mix well, then pour into greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the toothpick test is ready.
- Pour glaze over hot cake while still in pan.
- Let cake sit for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, butter and 1/4 cup hot water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur and 2 tablespoons vodka.
It is amazing how chocolate can be the perfect companion for Brazilian coffee. It’s almost impossible to go wrong with it unless you make a big effort.
Please, leave a comment about this Coffee and Chocolate Cake Recipe.