A Whey Protein in Hot Coffee recipe is not original. Mixing them coffee has been around. The innovation comes from trying to make a cappuccino-like recipe.
“I created this recipe to improve my whey protein intake since my calorie percentage of proteins was a bit low and I wanted to raise it. The tip to put whey protein in my coffee came from Mr. Luis Gustavo Fortunato, a personal trainer from Marília-SP. The idea of mixing the greasy ingredients came for Dr. Priscila Franco, a nutrition specialist from the same city.
It took me just one sip to discover that this could be a healthy version of cappuccino and I decided to add the cinnamon and chocolate to the recipe.”
- 3 tsp Sugar, or your favorite sweetener
- 3 tsp of your favorite vanilla whey protein (I use Dymatize)
- 1 pinch pure cocoa powder
- 1 pinch cinammon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Ghee butter, or your choice of butter, even salt butter, if you like the exquisiteness.
- 1 "doppio" hot Brazilian espresso coffee
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small "doppio" coffee cup
- Drop the coconut oil and ghee over that mixture.
- Pour in the hot Brazilian espresso coffee
- Mix gently.
An option of adding a pinch of finely ground cloves is also viable and great to turn it into an all-around Brazilian coffee recipe. I also sometimes drop a few ground pieces of instant to give it a little hike of Robusta.
Hope you enjoy it!
Please, leave a comment about Whey-Puccino: Whey Protein in Hot Coffee recipe.